Leaving Red Bay Today

May 6, 2017

No pictures today as we literally have been no where or done anything for the last 3 days.  First of all the weather has been really bad.  It rained for 2 days and it is quite cold, that damp cold that chills you to the bone.  I like cold weather but prefer the sunshine with the cold air.

The windshield repair was completed  on Wednesday as scheduled, the engine was serviced on Thursday as planned, we updated our reservations in Tunica to arrive on Friday instead of Saturday and planned to stay 2 nights.

About 2 pm while sitting at the campground, the windshield cracked again.  We were quite discouraged but no more than the Tiffin guys.  So we changed our reservations back to leave on Saturday., called Tiffin and they asked us to bring it in at 7 am on Friday morning, which we did.

They made some more adjustments,  installed a new windshield and gave us two options.  The next step is to completely rebuild the frame around the windshield.  In order to do that, they would need about 2 weeks.  We could either do it now, or we can leave, if the windshield breaks again, it would be safe to drive with, and than stop on the return trip and they will do the rebuild then.

The decision was made to go ahead and leave today and return in October on our return trip if necessary.

Our next stop is only about 3 – 4 hours away so we will head out later this morning.  Hopefully all will go well and we can get on with the fun part of RVing.

This entry was posted in Daily Activity. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *